The 2019 and very first AGM was held on 7th August 2019 at the Lyrup Community Club, SA. Registrations commenced at 9:30am CST prior starting the formal meeting at 10am.
Over 30 people with an interest in the date industry were in attendance. The crowd was mixed among experienced & new/hobby growers, research and development organisations, and representatives with market experience. An information session of special guest speakers was held in the afternoon concluding the event at 3:30pm.
ADGA's next AGM will be held in August 2020.
SPECIAL GUEST SPEAKERS LIST
Names of speakers, representing organisation and topics of discussion.
- Tim Westherstone, SA Minister for Primary Industries and Regional Development
- Greg Owens, NT Farmers - Opportunities for Collaboration
- Tom McCue, Agri Futures - Funding Opportunities
- Ian Rankin, Tropical Crop Consultants Limited - Experiences in Palm Oil Industry
- Stuart Smith, Arid Zone Research Institute - Research Information and Collaboration
- Nicole Byrnes, SuniTAFE Mildura - Cardross Farm Experience
- Mark Skewes, South Australian Research & Development Institute - Pollination Research